Field Survey Duties:
Field Survey Section is
carrying out the duties of collecting data from the field in addition to
some office works that are being done in-house. Below are some of the works
that Field Survey Section is involved in:
• Construction of national control network and its maintenance.
• Construction of control points for aerial photographs.
• Construction of benchmarks.
• Review of maps before production.
• Updating maps after the elapse of sometimes from the production date.
• Quality control for international border demarcation.
• Provision of technical support for any border mark fixation that being
tampered with or influenced by weather conditions.
• Quality control for survey projects pertaining to
• Construction of control and leveling points for ministries and other
government bodies and companies implementing any given projects.
• Compilation of different survey reports for keeping in the
• Compilation of large scales detailed surveys.
• Determination of qiblah direction for mosques and provision of assistance
to ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs in the same subject.
Projects entrusted to the Section:
is carrying out a number of projects according to its priority:
• Projects of urgent priority:
These are like the requests for implementing control points for aerial photographs, determination
of qiblah direction for to be constructed mosques, construction of geodetic control points for some ministries and companies, quality assurance for survey projects submitted by some ministries and companies.
• Projects of non-urgent priority:
projects of producing and updating middle scale maps, projects of introducing maps of special use for SAF and International border projects.